In this guide, we are going to share the best and free data recovery software of 2020 which can enable you to undelete your important files if you delete a number of them by accident. Or you can also wind up losing your data because of a malware infection, accidental PC crashes, or any hardware failure. In such situations, these free recovery programs can recover back the data on your computer. Here you can check Best Data Recovery Software for windows in 2020 with you can recover your lost data easily.
Best Data Recovery Software For Windows:
The majority of the hard disk and disk recovery tools mentioned in the listing here are easy to use and anyone with a basic understanding of operating a computer can use them to get back the missing data. So, leave all of the assumptions behind that it is going to be a great technical undertaking. Here are the top 10 Best Data Recovery Software for windows:
- Disk Drill
Seriously, if you’re trying to find a data recovery program that also looks great then Disk Drill is the best short. Please note that only 500 MB files could be retrieved in the free version of the program. You can catch the pro version (Mac, Windows) should you like to recover the files with no restriction.
Best features of Disc Drill:
- Shows literally all of the storage present on your machine, even the unallocated space.
- Shows scanned data in All documents, Pictures, Video, Documents, Archives options.
- Enables filtering of scanned files by date and files.
- Can recover data in the shape of a disk image (ISO).
- Preview option available.
- A deep scan mode was available.
- Retains original folder titles.
- Restart required after installation.
- Scan period more than ordinary.
- Stellar Data Recovery
Living up to its title, Stellar Data Recovery (Windows, Mac) plays a stellar role in recovering your data from the Windows PC and Mac. If you regret your decision to delete recent files, the Stellar Data Recovery tool is here to assist you in an effective manner. Stellar also has many different tools for home and business programs but here we will be focusing on applications for the picture, USB, and hard drive recovery.
Characteristics of Stellar Data Recovery:
- The risk-free program recovers data from other kinds of storage devices like memory cards, smartphones, USB drives, hard disks, etc..
- Using Stellar Data Recovery application is easy
- Full of innovative features and fast drive file recovery
- Acceptable for novices and non-invasive users
- In-app Record of documents available before making the final retrieval effort
- Try before Buy feature
Supported Platforms: Recuva recovery program can operate on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and, macOS.
The fact that Recuva is on the top of the top data recovery program list might not come as a surprise. There is a great deal of free file recovery software around but a number of these come near Recuva when it comes to the hard drive and photo recovery activities. This retrieval function does its work by looking for unreferenced data. It’s notorious for getting back lost directory structure in addition to renaming two files of the same name when performing the data retrieval.
Characteristics of Recuva recovery applications:
- Superior file retrieval
- Advanced deep scan mode
- Secure overwrite feature that uses military & industry standard deletion techniques
- Recovers files from damaged or newly formatted drives
- Easy User interface
- Preview screen before closing recovery
- Free/Inexpensive data recovery software
- Works both on FAT and NTFS systems
Supported Platforms: Recuva data recovery software for PC may be used on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
A list of best data recovery software can hardly be termed as being complete without a mention of the TestDisk retrieval program. It is an open-source program that has been created with a goal to get back lost walls and fix non-booting disks. Packed with features and a file retrieval system that could easily overshadow that of some other data recovery software, TestDisk has a lot to offer for both beginners and pros. This free data recovery program attempts to discover partitions and file entries by itself. The deeper scan for deleted/damaged walls obviously requires more time.
Best attributes of TestDisk’s:
- Enables users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
- Repair or recover deleted the partition table
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS, and ext2 file systems
- Being a command-line tool, TestDisk hard disk recovery tool might not be acceptable for some users for information retrieval. If you are a fan of GUI, then I would recommend you to go with Recuva or Stellar for document retrieval.
TestDisk can operate on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS, and DOS.5.
Definitely, among the best data recovery software on the market, PhotoRec is famous for its powerful file recovery on a vast array of devices ranging from digital cameras to hard disks. It is especially created to recover data like pictures, videos, files, etc., from hard disks, CD-ROMs.
Characteristics of PhotoRec recovery tool:
- It comes packed with the ability to recover over 440 different file formats.
- Features like the ‘unformat function’ and the ability to incorporate your own custom document types do come in handy.
- This photo recovery program supports a lot of file systems, including FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4 and HFS+.
- Although I would not advise this free data recovery software to novices because it’s totally devoid of a GUI and uses a command-line interface that might intimidate some users.
PhotoRec recovery program can operate on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, & older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, DOS, macOS.
Do Your Data recovery tool is a professional solution for all those who are a victim of some sort of information loss or another. In the simple scanning process, the program lets you choose two choices: Fast Recovery and Advanced Recovery. Following the scan, you can preview the files and regain your lost data. The same as other software, first you’re advised to use the Quick Recovery method.
The Significant features of this recovery applications include:
- Document preview before retrieval.
- Sorting on the foundation of file types, time, and route.
- Exporting scan result database for later use.
- Very Simple to Use.
Supported Platforms: It is possible to utilize Do Your Info Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and macOS.
- Pandora Recovery:
Pandora retrieval is among the most dependable and effective best free data recovery software on the market.
Pandora Recovery Best Retrieval:
- Ability to recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes.
- Preview deleted files of certain types (picture and text documents ) without doing the retrieval.
- With routine scan (that lets you recover data from drives that have been formatted) and the capacity to recoup archived, hidden, encrypted and compressed files, it packs quite a punch.
- Its interface is quite easy to get a hang of and gives an explorer-like perspective along with color-coded and retrieval percentage indicators.
- But, its file detection process isn’t so reliable and has to be enhanced further. This excellent data recovery software can be made mobile as well so it does not consume any space on the hard disk and thereby not consume space a document that we wish to regain once consumed.
Supported Platforms: Pandora data retrieval can operate on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- Puran file Recovery
Puran file retrieval works in 3 primary recovery modes. Using the”Locate lost files” option turns Puran File Recovery to a tool to recover all files from a damaged or lost partition. Another thing you can do is edit the custom scan list which stores file signatures to get more precise recovery of badly damaged information.
Puran File Recovery attributes:
- Default Quick Scan (It only reads the FAT or NTFS file system for deleted files in the recycle bin etc.)
- Deep Scan (includes scanning all available free space).
- Complete Scan (checks all space on the apparatus for your best chance of recovery).
- Works from Windows XP to Windows 8.
Supported Platforms: Puran file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery
Standard undelete programs like Recuva, Pandora, etc. are fantastic for regaining a few deleted files, but what if when you’ve lost an entire partition? Then you will most likely require a professional application like MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Characteristics of MiniTool recovery tool:
- A simple wizard-based port
- Specialized in data recovery on a whole partition
- Point MiniTool Partition Recovery tool in the problematic drive and it’ll scan for the missing partition
- It generates a recovery report that will allow you to know what the application has found to assist you in data retrieval.
- Can’t use data retrieval on a bootable disk here.
Supported Platforms: MiniTool Power Data Recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- PC Inspector File recovery:
PC Inspector File Recovery works nicely on both FAT and NTFS drives even when the boot sector has been erased or damaged. However, the interface is a somewhat confusing mess of tabs. So, be careful with this instrument. Additionally, note that if your hard disk is has confronted some mechanical damage, you will need to search for some specialist.
PC Inspector Features:
- A simple search dialog can help find files by name.
- Can recover video and image of several types of documents in different formats like ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV, and ZIP.
- Can scan only specific areas of the disk with the Cluster scanner.
- Works perfectly from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Supported Platforms: PC Inspector file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
Conclusion: Best Data Recovery Software For Windows
So here I shared Best Data Recovery Software for windows in 2020. I would personally suggest Piriform’s Recuva data recovery program to our subscribers, hands down. With superior file retrieval, an innovative deep scan mode, a protected overwrite feature which uses military and industry-standard deletion methods and the ability to recover files from damaged or newly structured files, Recuva is undeniably among the greatest free data recovery programs out there.
The User Interface of the free tool would not let you down with a file-recovery wizard and an application manual mode available to your disposal that offers color coding (indicating the likelihood of the retrieval of a document ) along with the ability to preview files before undeleting them.
Have a few other data recovery applications in your mind? Give us your ideas in the comments below. You can also read some useful FAQs below.
Why do we wind up losing our information?
You can wind up losing your data due to a lot of reasons. Just once you become conscious of the fact that something has been lost, stop what you are doing. Whenever you delete a file, all of your PC does is marking the space in your hard disk available for rewriting.
Our data recovery software powerful?
However, by deciding on the best instrument such as Recuva, you can boost your odds of getting back the information. In case you’re fortunate enough not to have overwritten the information, your odds of recovery increases even more. Searching for the actual cause of data deletion makes the entire exercise easier.
How old files I will have the ability to recover with a program?
As explained above, a file retrieval software can only return the files which have not been uninstalled in your storage drive. That is why it’s suggested to attempt the recovery when possible to improve your chances.
How can data recovery work?
Before we have written a post telling differences between data deletion, shredding, wiping, etc; it may give you a fairly good idea of document deletion works. Having told you, any file that is”deleted” from your disc remains on it until it is replaced by another file. The file recovery software uses this notion and looks for different information that may help them find the precise location where that specific file was stored. That is why it’s suggested to stop performing any surgery or storing new data on your computer when you realize that a document is lost and you will need to recoup the same.
How to select a data recovery company?
Here are some points and features that one should keep in mind while going ahead and choosing the best data recovery company:
- Support for many file types.
- Document preview option before retrieval.
- Regular updates and support.
- Easy-to-use port.
- The choice to recoup files in external media.
- choice to recover files from outside storage and digital media.
How long does data recovery take?
If any program is telling you that it can recover any document in”X hours/minutes,” do not let it fool you. The paid/free data retrieval process depends on several factors like speed and size of the hard disk where you are trying to undelete data.